The Barbara Phinney News

Monday, May 30, 2005

The Weather Has Broke!!!!

Finally, we have seen the sun!! It came out this morning and so did I! I've gone outside for a walk to enjoy it. Now, after I write this, I have a list as long as my arm of things to do. It's amazing how little you get done in bad or dreary weather.
Most of the stuff I have to do today is boring, but I hope to squeeze in some writing. My editor said she'd look at a synopsis which I had discussed with her, so I want to get at that. But of course, the routine mundane things in life must get done first.
The other day I lost my daughter's gerbil. It was happily roaming in one of those balls, when the lid twisted off and it took off. I found it (after tearing apart the living room sofa bed), in our bedroom, under the dresser. I lured it out with sunflower seeds, chased it to the decorator table and scared it half to death so that when it came running out in a blind panic, it ran straight toward me. That was the fastest I'd moved in a long time. I'm not afraid of scurrying creatures, except may spiders, so grabbing that little rodent wasn't scary. Losing it was, however.
After its tour of the house, I put it back in it's cage, and it won't be seeing any more exursions for a while.
I just finished a great romance, The Sheik Who Loved Me, by Loreth Anne White, and insist, if you like vivid imagery, gripping suspense and warm and fuzzy romance, pick this one up!!
Here is the low down on the book. I can't access Loreth's website, so this is the next best thing. You can view the wonderful cover page too.
http://www.intimatemomentsauthors.com/authorpages/lorethannwhite.htm
Enjoy! and get outside like I did!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home