The Barbara Phinney News

Saturday, April 02, 2005

Rejection!

My editor called yesterday. My proposal didn't fly with the head editor. It was a bit of a disappointment, but hey, I'm sure my editor wasn't looking forward to making the call, either.
I'm learning to be gracious. Darn hard, eh? Thank God for medications, I say! (private joke, this is, but any of you out there with teenagers, you know what I mean)
My editor was very kind and helpful and I do have a full manuscript with her also, so my money's on that one for now.
And in the meantime, I'm back to writing. I'm finishing up that proposal's full manuscript. Yup, the one that was rejected. I believe when I start a project, I should give it all and finish it.
This weekend my hubby and I are taking the family to an Answers in Genesis conference.
www.answersingenesis.org

I find all that stuff fascinating, and wasn't even in the church ten minutes and I was purchasing the 'super duper' pack worth over $400!
Hubby looked at it and said, "I guess that's why I work over time."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home