The Barbara Phinney News

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Dreary weather, gardening and no writing

Weather affects your mood. While I can still garden in the rain, I feel positively dragged out on cloudy days. I have to force myself to keep going. After sending off that manuscript to my editor, I decided to take a week off and garden, do outdoor stuff, bulldoze the dirt out of my house, stuff like that. But the weather keeps the mood somber and add to that two funerals at our church, and well, who wants to do anything, let alone write?
We here are all waiting for spring to arrive. Sure the calendar is saying it's here, and places in the world are basking in hot weather, but Eastern Canada is not one of those places.
What the heck am I supposed to do? I also had decided I want a digital camera for my birthday, but my hubby is so PO'ed at his father's garden tiller, we've had to buy a brand new one. At $1000 a shot to buy a tiller, my camera is relegated to sometime in the future.
And I wanted so badly to show off my gardening efforts.
But if this crappy weather keeps up, none of us are going to care one way or the other....
Anyway, I promised a site of the week, and here it is. It's one of my all time fave romance sites, with something for everyone!
http://www.cataromance.com/
Check it out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home