The Barbara Phinney News

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Where has the time gone?

This past week and weekend have raced by and I can't think of what I've done.
Well, I've done a lot of writing and my hubby and I took a drive up the coast for research, but apart from that, not much. My daughter spent nearly the whole weekend at her cousin's house and we played cards with the in laws...
So here it is Tuesday. We had a wild winter storm last night and this morning, (someone forgot to remind the weather systems that it's now spring) and the kids got a day off school.
Now we have a foot of snow and it's so bright out, I could hardly make it to the chicken coop.
Which reminds me, I threw my back out yesterday trying to chase 10 of the darn things back into the coop and even today, there was still one out. Fortunately, they like to go after a while, so you usually only need to open the door for them.
But there are times like yesterday, when they are quite happy to hide behind the old bicycle and lay their eggs.
I think I'm beginning to hate chickens. And my back still hurts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home