The Barbara Phinney News

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Happy Easter!

In case I don't get to the PC before, I just want to wish everyone a Happy Easter. Take the time to ponder on the real meaning of the season, too.
I'm baking beans today, and trying to squeeze in writing when I can. I was so exhausted yesterday, that nothing got done. It was one of those days when you come home with a headache and nothing seems to get rid of it. While I feel much better today, my son complained of the same thing this morning, so I gave him some meds and sent him back to bed, where he slept for 5 hours straight! Needless to say, he was hungry when he awoke.
My latest work in progress is a story about an ex-con, and I had this great ah-hah moment last night, and had to get it down.
But I'm one of those linear thinkers who can't do that scene until I do all the others before it. So I'm plowing through trying to get there.
No word from my editor, but there are other Silhouette Intimate Moments writers in the same boat, so I must be patient.
My critique partner got this wonderful email from a woman who read her book while her mother was dying. It kept her from breaking down and falling apart and she just loved the book, too. My CP was near tears when she told her writer friends.
That's why we write, isn't it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home