The Barbara Phinney News

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

The great return!!

Today, I can feel my muse returning. I could envision a scene in my head and there was that warm approving feeling that went with it. It was almost an ah-ha!
I have about four stories I want to write, and this one scene belongs to a fifth. It's a looking for unconditional love story. I may write out the synopsis and let it stew a while as I try to sort out the others. I'm the kind of person who likes to finish one task before starting another.
A brilliant writer, I can't remember who, said to push away these stirrings for a little while, so they build up a bit. And my friend Norah Wilson said that it's good to 'fill up' once in a while.
Which is all actually a good thing, since I have to finish that last RITA book. I can hardly wait to see how the books I judged did.
But by then, I should be well and truly into my writing again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home