The Barbara Phinney News

Thursday, June 21, 2007

free coupons, new books, and Captain Blackbeard!

I can't believe it's been since March that I last wrote in this! So much has happened, and yet, I feel like such a slacker!
But it's the end of school, and my kids are away canoeing up some river with the youth group, and I have the computer to myself. What a year it's been! School year, that is. SO BUSY!
Within all that, however, I got offered a two book contract with Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense!
Whoo hooo! I love it! Now I have to write those books. Still, I get to write my fave genre, have the backing of friends and family, which is so not so with other books, and am just trying to live each day to the fullest.
But you're still reading for the coupons, right? It's Steeple Hill's tenth anniversary and they sent me a slew of coupons to give away to friends for $1 off their books. That's a great saving if you buy books at grocery stores where they're already discounted. I say go for it! Just email me at
barbarap @ nbnet.nb.ca with your snail mail addie and I'll pop a bunch into the mail for you. They're good in both Canada and the US.
Also, while I'm talking about great things, (besides this shameless promotion of my next book, Desperate Rescue, out in Sept with Love Inspired Suspense), I'm also writing for
They're a new forum for good news. Pop on over and see what we've written, especially if you need a bit of uplifting inspiring news that just plain has a good ending, for once. (check out the story on Captain Blackbeard. I enjoyed writing that because my son used to have this computer program that talked about him, and he had it memorized for years.)
Okay, back to work. Remember, want a coupon? Email me. Want a little good news today? Check out its website. Want to read a great book, buy mine! (there's that shameless promo again!)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home